Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
Months after Nokia announced that HMD Global will be selling Nokia branded smartphones, they have finally announced first smartphone. Named Nokia 6, it sports 5.5″ 1080p, 2.5D curved display. Snapdragon 430, Octa-core processor, powers the Andriod 7.0 on Nokia 6. Knowns for it camera, it packs 16MP rear camera with dual tone LED flash and 8MP front camera. Nokia 6 will have 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. Nokia 6 have dual speaker setup with Dolby Atom. It also have a fingerprint scanner on home button and dual SIM hybrid microSD expansion slot.
Nokia 6 is going to be exclusive to China and will be sold through JD.com. It is priced at 1699 CNY ( 245.57 USD ). But the company has stated this to be “first-step” for the Nokia brand into Android smartphones with more to come in H1 2017.
This marks a new journey for Nokia in the smartphone segment and in blogging for us as well 🙂 Nokia 6 looks a well priced modern smartphone and has everything you would expect from a modern smartphone in this price segment. We wait for what Nokia in the store for us this year. Do tell us what you think about Nokia 6 in the comments.
Today Nokia at slush event launched and android tablet, the following are the specifications:
Nokia N1 is a 7.9-inch Android tablet, featuring Nokia Z launcher as its default UI and runs latest android lollipop. Display has 2048×1536 resolution, device has 8Mpix rear camera, 5Mpiz front camera, 2GB RAM and 32GB storage memory. Exterior is made out of aluminium and the entire device is only 6.9mm thin and utilizes new USB Type C connector
Photo credit: Technospot.net/Phoneradar
Pricing will be $249 and availability is yet to be known and it will be available in 2 colors Natural Aluminum or Lava Gray
Official page: http://n1.nokia.com
Flipkart is celebrating biggest online sale ever today and having huge discount on over 70 categories today.
They are selling Lumia 1020 at Rs. 19,999 (<$320) only and that’s a huge discount compared to other sellers.
Lumia 1020 is still a leader in smartphone photography and a must buy at this price if you like photography.
If you are interested in buying one, run fast to Flipkart and buy it before it goes out of stock. I got one for me. Are you getting one for you? 🙂
Link to Lumia 1020: http://kishan.co/1EjaIWw
Nokia just released their Interim Q2 2014 results and here are the highlights.
– In Q2 2014, Nokia Networks achieved strong underlying operating profitability with non-IFRS operating profit of
EUR 281 million, or 11.0% of net sales, compared to EUR 328 million, or 11.8% of net sales, in Q2 2013. The
strong level of profitability for Nokia Networks in Q2 2014 and Q2 2013 was primarily due to operational efficiency
which benefitted both gross margin and operating profit.
– Nokia Networks net sales in Q2 2014 were EUR 2.6 billion, compared to EUR 2.8 billion in Q2 2013.
– Excluding foreign currency fluctuations and the divestments of businesses not consistent with its strategic focus,
as well as the exiting of certain customer contracts and countries, Nokia Networks net sales would have increased
– HERE net sales in Q2 2014 were approximately flat on a year-on-year basis. Excluding foreign currency
fluctuations, HERE net sales in Q2 2014 would have increased 2% year-on-year.
– In Q2 2014, HERE sold map data licenses for the embedded navigation systems of 3.3 million new vehicles
globally, compared to 2.7 million vehicles in Q2 2013.
– HERE continued to focus on investing in longer term transformational growth opportunities, and announced the
acquisitions of Medio and Desti.
– Nokia Technologies net sales increased sequentially in Q2 2014, primarily due to Microsoft becoming a more
significant intellectual property licensee in conjunction with the sale of substantially all of the Devices & Services
business to Microsoft.
Balance sheet highlights:
– Nokia ended Q2 2014 with a strong balance sheet and solid cash position with gross cash of EUR 9.0 billion and
net cash of EUR 6.5 billion compared to EUR 6.9 billion and EUR 2.1 billion, respectively, at the end of Q1 2014.
– In Q2 2014, Nokia completed the sale of substantially all of the Devices & Services business to Microsoft. Of the
approximately EUR 5.0 billion of net cash impact from the proceeds, approximately EUR 4.8 billion benefitted Q2
2014 with the balance expected to be received in the second half 2014. In connection with the completion of the
transaction the EUR 1.5 billion Microsoft convertible bonds were repaid.
– During Q2 2014 we started the capital structure optimization program with the redemption of approximately EUR
950 million of Nokia Networks debt. As a result of this, Nokia no longer has material financial covenants
Temple Run 2 for 512MB devices is a long time coming stuff. And finally its here. Its a 47MB download and unlike the previous iteration of the Temple Run franchise, this time its XBOX Live enabled. There is nothing much else to say here, Go Play!