Months after Nokia announced that HMD Global will be selling Nokia branded smartphones, they have finally announced first smartphone. Named Nokia 6, it sports 5.5″ 1080p, 2.5D curved display. Snapdragon 430, Octa-core processor, powers the Andriod 7.0 on Nokia 6. Knowns for it camera, it packs 16MP rear camera with dual tone LED flash and 8MP front camera. Nokia 6 will have 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. Nokia 6 have dual speaker setup with Dolby Atom. It also have a fingerprint scanner on home button and dual SIM hybrid microSD expansion slot.
Nokia 6 is going to be exclusive to China and will be sold through JD.com. It is priced at 1699 CNY ( 245.57 USD ). But the company has stated this to be “first-step” for the Nokia brand into Android smartphones with more to come in H1 2017.
Nokia 6 Specifications:
- Aluminium Unibody Design
- Bright hybrid in-cell 5.5 inch, Full HD (1920×1080) 2.5D curved display with Cornering Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- Snapdragon 430, Octa-core processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64 GB storage with microSD slot for expansion up to 128GB
- Dual SIM
- Android Nougat
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers, Dolby Atmos
- 16MP f/2.0 rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor
- 8MP f/2.0 front camera with 1.12um sensor and 84? wide-angle lens
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery
This marks a new journey for Nokia in the smartphone segment and in blogging for us as well 🙂 Nokia 6 looks a well priced modern smartphone and has everything you would expect from a modern smartphone in this price segment. We wait for what Nokia in the store for us this year. Do tell us what you think about Nokia 6 in the comments.